Monday 15 December 2008

And so it begins...

It's been just over a month since we arrived in London and began settling in to our new city- creating new routines, adjusting to the sounds of British accents and UK hustle and bustle, and adapting to a new urban experience overall. After spending the first month in corporate housing, where we were spoiled with maid services and flat screen TV's, we moved into our new, more permanent apartment last Monday.

Our new place is quaint and cozy, if cozy means tiny, and yet truly wonderful. Situated in a neighborhood called Islington, and just two blocks from the closest Tube station, the location is ideal. Despite the intricate feeling of the new flat, the large and private outdoor roof deck balcony more than makes up for the close knit insides. Overlooking very typical London townhouses, the fourth floor outdoor seating will be unbeatable in the nicer weather. There are pubs and restaurants all around us and we intend to try them all......

Currently working part time as a horse back riding tour guide/instructor in Hyde Park, I have heaps of time to check out museums, people watch at cafes and learn my way around London! Mike's job is going well and only a short commute on the Tube from our new home. We are both looking forward to him having a couple days off for Xmas and New Years celebrations!!

My parents, got to love 'em, booked their plane tickets to come visit less than one week after we left home. Just three days after Christmas, Mike and I will have our first visitors. Although excited for our own Christmas celebration together, it will be nice to have family here, too!

So all in all, life is good!! We've been seeing new things, drinking new beers and in general, taking advantage of our new life in London!

We wish you all the best for the holidays (eat, drink and be merry!) and please be in touch.

Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Hi guys!!!!! I cannot tell you how jealous I am you are living in London now. Oddly enough, you live right by where I was living over the summer. I stayed on Pentonville Rd. just by King's Cross station. We went to the pubs in Islington all the time! I am glad you are doing well. Miss you both and Merry Christmas!! p.s. I am determined to make it out there to visit you. :)

    -Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool apartment! The patio is amazing! I'd be very jealous if I wasn't on the beach in Australia right now. Haha, So excited to come visit in March. Merry Christmas! I have to now go enter in a Christmas drinking competition at the Backpackers I'm staying at!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The place looks perfect!! The patio is going to be so much fun in the summer! Hope you are having a fabulous time!! Miss you both! Hope to see you soon! xoxo

    Emma

    ReplyDelete